Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Broken Bone Adventure

So I thought maybe I would do an update daily on me and my adventures...or no adventures since I am stuck in this chair till who knows when...doc says 2-3 months I will be off work...ugh is what I say!! I broke the two main bones in my ankle ( tibula and fibula)( sp) and I have to say it is very very painful..also have a very small hairline fracture ( barely visible on the x-ray) on the inside of one of the other bones..but he said that was not a concern.
I got my pain meds regulated today so I know how to space them so the pain stays pretty much at bay. They have me taking Vicodin and ibuprofen. They said I could take them together...BUT tried that and made me very sick..so I space them and alternate..seems to work! I can tell that the swelling has gone down a little more so that is a bonus!! I go Tuesday for another set of x-rays..then as long as I don't need surgery it will be a hard cast for 6 weeks........praying for NO surgery!!

so far that's my story and I'm sticking to it LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment